Sunday, March 22, 2009

2:87, #391: Amazing Grace Happenings

1. I just successfully put Judy Collins back in my computer since I've got her cd with "Amazing Grace" on it in my office.
2. Yesterday I missed posting, so "Happy Re-Birthday, John Newton!" as you observe things with that "great cloud of witnesses" Hebrews 12:1 talks about! It was back on March 21, 1748 John Newton got saved; which led to his writing the most popular hymn ever, in my humble opinion.
3. Yesterday also marked the death of Confederate General Joseph Johnston in 1891 as a result of contracting pneumonia because he attended Union General William Tecumseh Sherman's funeral in February but went hatless out of respect for his former nemesis of the March Through Georgia.
General Joe was one of the 300,000 or so who got saved as a result of being in the Civil War.
4. I was just reading this morning Charles Spurgeon's comment that, to paraphrase him and Scripture, "Pray and it will be given to you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together, poured into your lap. My attestation to the truth of that is 184,813 specific prayer answers.
5. Dang...I just got to share the Gospel with a guy on Facebook in a Scripture discussion group. Now that's an Amazing Grace happening!
Later...

No comments: